Elevation - 2767m (actually beats the La Pina long course!)
|A few sections riding through the forest|
Surprised that its such a lot of elevation. A new "in one ride" Personal Best record (the old one was from La Pina last year). This ride was a real test of my new found climbing legs - and they held up all the way around.
Anyway, a bit on the actual event:
- Excellent signage - I counted 5 separate signs at one turning. Particularly liked the "1 km to the feed stop" signs, plus loads of "hazardous descents" and pot hole warnings.
- First climb feels way too early - barely clipped in before you are on the first climb.
- Numbering the climbs is great - you start at 18th and count down to 1.
- Long main road riding section in the middle - which on this Sunday was busy with cars, and not a good experience. Most of rest of ride was car free.
- Lots of massive descents at top speeds, including a final welcome speed down to the finish
- Finishline food provision wasn't up to much - tea/coffee plus biscuits, nice to be able to check out photos of yourself immediately
- Overall, it felt similar to the "Prosecco Classic" in terms of hills, hills, hills
|Food stops were good|
Would I do it again? Yes, probably on the basis that its a good early season test of form (especially hill climbing ability).