Preparation for La Pinarello

170km, 2 Cat 1 hills, 3,000 Italians and 30 degree heat,  88% humidity – oh and lightning for the morning....

Me - 100 hours training (twice what I did last year) and feeling strong.  The leg strength training has been particularly effective - can now do tough hills better and with less post-hill weakness, and have noticed how on the flat it's my heart-lungs that are a limit - before it was my legs.  And this good improvement is based on approx 5 or 6 weights sessions plus 2 or 3 hill strength sessions, not much.

Aims for La Pinarello?  Get up the 2 cat 1 hills, not freeze on the top,not crash on the way down, 7 hours to do it all?  Last year estimated 6 hours for 132km, and got back in under 5 - things so much faster in Italy.  So this year I have set a tough target for myself.
http://www.lapinarello.it/